June 1, 2005

3 new albums added to my CD-Collection:
Oasis: Don't Believe the Truth
Stars: Set Yourself on Fire
The Stone Roses: The Stone Roses (US Release)

I decided to buy the new Oasis album even though reviews have been mixed and I (like everyone else it seems) don't like the previous 3 albums. More than 9 years have gone since the release of Morning Glory and we're still waiting for a decent follow-up! Surprise, surprise. First listen and this doesn't sound bad at all. Second listen and the album is definitely growing. I guess having no expectations really helps the album?

I simply had to buy the US version of The Stone Roses debut album, because I was very disappointed when I realized that the UK version I bought earlier this year didn't include Fools Gold. When picking up the album yesterday I had a short discussion with the owner of the shop. We were wondering why the record companies decide to release different versions of the same album. Is it simply because of greed (hardcore fans will have to buy multiple copies) or? It really didn't make sense to us!

The Stars album has received excellent reviews and is highly rated wherever I turn. The marvellous Elevator Love Letter aside the previous album Heart didn't exactly convince me of the bands qualities. Maybe that will change now?

No comments: