April 30, 2006

80's Soundtrack Volume 2

The 80's soundtrack I posted earlier this week was quite a success, so it was rather tempting making another one. Once again I have to admit that I actually used to listen to these songs! Didn't you?

+ Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning
Once spent an entire weekend listening to this song.
+ Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round
Have to admit that I still like it.
+ Laid Back - White Horse
One of the first Danish bands experiencing success abroad. Wonder why?
+ Alphaville - Forever Young
Unlike everyone else I always preferred the up-tempo 12" version.
+ Bananarama - Robert De Niro's Waiting
Everyone listened to them, though no one would admit they did.
+ Belle Stars - Iko Iko
Rain Man anyone?
+ Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax
If you grew up in the 80's some of your memories "must" include this song.
+ Talk Talk - It's My Life / Life's What You Make It
So many memories connected to It's My Life and what a fantastic song it still is. No Doubt nearly managed to ruin it though!
+ New Order - Ceremony / True Faith
One of the best bands ever!
+ Modern Talking - Brother Louie
So bad that it's almost unbelievable.
+ Human League - Don't You Want Me
Probably one of the most classic songs of that period.


Chris said...

Great list... apart from that Modern Talking rubbish! Brrrrr!!!!!

Dinah said...

Great music! Just what I was in the mood for today. Thanks.

molotov said...

This whole '80s thing is inspiring me... to eventually copycat you. And I always preferred that version of Forever Young as well. You are not alone, sir.

ClefPalette said...

One of the Razormaid! mixes of 'Forever Young' is BOTH the uptempo then the album version... not exactly mix-mastering the segue to perfection; nevertheless, its a fantastic mix to track down.
No, I don't; it's on another hard drive. Sorry.