April 15, 2010

Recovering...

I’m still in the midst of the process of recovering from Sunday’s marathon challenge. The muscles remain a bit sore, but are feeling better by the day. A cold is threatening to come, but that’s probably a quite natural reaction? However one thing that is not getting any better is my left knee. In fact it made the race a rather painful experience, as it started hurting at 10 kilometers (6 miles) and at 17 kilometers (10.5 miles) it felt real bad. Actually it was so painful that I would definitely have stopped at 25 km had I been running in Copenhagen and not in Paris. So even though my finishing time ended up being more than 5 minutes better than the one I registered at my first marathon 13 years ago, I still cannot help being somewhat disappointed. But going to see a physio tomorrow, and once (not if – once) the fucking knee is feeling all right again, I’ll start planning my next marathon; because this is without doubt something I feel like doing again!

But otherwise it's the same old story. News, mails, stuff in general are piling up. Hopefully I'll be back posting tomorrow or no later than Monday!

No comments: