November 11, 2011

Ranting...

Just need to get this off my chest. Please, please, please (multiply by hundreds if you like) stop sending me promo mails where I have to go to Pitchfork or some other ridiculously huge music site to download the track you want me to post/share/mention/feature/(or more likely) give a listen and then delete. I know this is a pretty shitty and lame excuse of a music blog, and no one really gives a rat’s ass anyway about anything I think of anything. And you’re probably right that the blog should have breathed its last breath ages ago. But stubbornly I continue to believe that it has a right to exist, because unlike the bigger mainstream copycat blogs, I do try to focus less on my statcounter and from time to time try to give little known (yet brilliant - mind you) artists some of the attention I think they are deserving but rarely are getting (use yesterday’s post as an exhibit if you like). So no – I don’t care about Pitchfork and seriously have no interest in learning that Coldplay has hit no. 1 in 517 (or is it 518 – sorry if I haven’t been paying attention) different countries. I’d much rather receive a mail introducing me to a band no one’s ever heard of and then find one of the best songs ever written as an attachment. Doesn’t happen very often (if ever) I know, but that dream is the fuel that keeps this blog going…fuck mainstream!

2 comments:

Joey said...

And this is why I continue to visit your site and haven't visited Pitchflake in years. PREECH ON BROTHER!

Philip said...

Best rant ever!