May 13, 2005

Another Friday evening and the wife and kid are sleeping.

So I've opened a bottle (just one!) of Grimbergen Blonde and am trying to work my way through a pile of MP3's. Will add to this post if I stumble upon something worth recommending!

First one is Evergreen by Eskimo. This one was sent to me by my "Swiss connection" and is a great piece of music!

Paddington is a cute little bear, but The Paddingtons are not a group of bears. It's a rock band and the single Panic Attack is definitely worth checking out!

Another nice one is Somewhere Else by Razorlight. The band will be the warm-up for U2 in Copenhagen which is the reason why I checked them out in the first place. It will be interesting to see what these guys can do in front of 45000 people!

I've mentioned the band Cherryfalls in a previous post. I can't find exact information anywhere on when their debut album will be released (maybe it already has been?). Whenever it is, I will definitely buy it (if I can find it somewhere), because the songs I've heard so far sound really great.....

I just looked at the play counts in my WMP at home at this is the top 10:

1. Coldplay: Speed of Sound
2. Coldplay: Talk
3. Aaron McMullan: Song Bout if I Reach You
4. Led Zeppelin: Kashmir
5. Fans of Kate: I Don't Know What To Do With My Hands
6. Fans of Kate: A Brief Guide To Coward Rock (Demo)
7. Cherryfalls: My Drug
8. Sonic Youth: Teenage Riot
9. Tegan and Sara: Living Room
10. Adam Green: Jessica

I guess it's needless to say that I recommend all of the songs in my top 10 - isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

any idea where i could find "talk" by coldplay? jablynn_77@hotmail.com if you get a chance or GApeach32105 on AIM.. thanks sooooo much!! btw- i like the idea of top 5 songs for diff things- ill have to check into some of the ones i've never heard before