April 24, 2006

From the mailbox

Received two really nice mails tonight.

First Daniel of The Book Of Daniel wrote and informed me that it's possible to download his new 6 tracks EP Footnotes to the spell of daylight-saving time for free from his webpage. So I did and here I am completely amazed, because this is a collection of truly wonderful and beautiful songs, which are absolutely perfect for a quiet evening like this. The only thing missing is probably a glass of red wine. I'm not sure how to describe the music (maybe as indie pop with a twist of jazz or jazz inspired pop?), but nonetheless I highly recommend this EP!!
+ 3rd Of December
+ Dream On, Wildhead
+ Hokus Pokus
+ Alice's Last Song

The second mail was from Tom Filepp, who sent a little info on his electronic project called Cars & Trains. So far I've only listened to the songs once, but the music is a nice cocktail of electronic playfulness.
+ Broken Streetlamp Serenade
+ The Official Cars And Trains Theme Song

1 comment:

merz said...

Everytime I visit here this blog just keeps better and better and it was already excellent to begin with. Good work Bro and one of my favorite places to visit on the blogosphere!

Merz