June 16, 2006

Do you remember?

I'm cruising around Myspace tonight, checking out older artists. Most of them haven't been in the spotlight for years and if they are still around, they are only minor shadows of their former self. But nonetheless I've decided to put them back in the spotlight and post a few of their songs. If for nothing else; then for the novelty and/or the memory (good or bad)!

+ Chesney Hawkes - The One And Only
No. 1 in The UK 15 years ago. I actually think I bought the single :-/

+ D:ream - Things Can Only Get Better
Hmm - this was probably as good as things got. Wasn't it?

+ Simple Minds - Promised You A Miracle
Cannot believe that this one is 24 years old! Oh my! These guys were big back then!

+ Icehouse - Crazy + Electric Blue
Man Of Colours is still a fantastic album!

+ Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams
No doubt that this was my favorite song of 1987!

+ Alison Moyet - Windmills Of Your Mind
+ Acker Bilck - Windmills Of Your Mind
One of the most beautiful melodies ever......

2 comments:

Chris said...

Completely agree with Icehouse! Crazy still is my favourite song, and I remember how long it took me to get a hold of the extended version! In fact, I now have to crawl through my harddisk and listen to that fabulous piece of music! :)

Anonymous said...

Chesney's song was written by Nik Kershaw.