July 3, 2008

Interpol at Train...

As always I’m not going to write a review, but (as always) I’ll post a few thoughts/comments.

- It was my first, but hopefully not my last, visit to Train. It’s a fine venue and I especially like how you’re close to the stage, even when you’re at the back of the room.
- Why the F-word wasn’t Take You On A Cruise included in the set? It just happens to be one of my favorite songs and I will pity myself for a long time that it was left out.
- Their live performances certainly won’t charm over any new fans. But you gotta give them credit that they remain true to their image of being indie cool and angry young men.
- The sound was fine during the first two songs, but once Paul Banks signaled “more guitar”, Daniel Kessler dominated the rest of the show. Perhaps this was what the band wanted, but it didn't sound like a wise decision to me.
- DKK 450 (EUR 60) is a lot of money for 16 songs and 80 minutes of music.
- Despite all my criticism, the show clearly proved that this band has unique songwriting talents.
- A few reviews: Gaffa, JP & Soundvenue.

This is what I missed or rather what I was hoping to see:

No comments: