October 15, 2010

From the mailbox...

Want words? Look somewhere else!

+ Radical FaceDoorways
From the Touch of Sky EP that will be out on Morr Music on November 16. Radical Face is the solo project of Ben Cooper of Electric President.

+ The Wonderland WashoutsDance With Desolation
New Danish band describing their music as noise-pop. Grab the band’s first EP for free via BandBase.

+ Ten Million LightsKill Yr Idols
This is the new band of two former members of Saturna. A self-titled debut CD has just been released.

+ Blonde SummerCathode Ray
Excellent track that can be found on the band’s debut EP Eleganza.

+ Summer LibraryDo You Ever?
Have to quote the promo mail on this one: “The Swedish-sounding A-side is backed with “Past The Railroad Tracks,” which sounds as if someone might have snuck a synthesizer into a Field Mice song. Jangly guitars and catchy melodies pervade these two tracks.” Grab it for free at February Records.

+ Le Futur PompisteFive Hundred Heartbeats
From the band’s self-titled album which is released by Shelflife Records on November 16.

At this very moment I have 3,441 mails in my inbox. I wish I had the time to listen to all the undoubtedly great music. Hell! I wish had the time to just read the mails. Inevitably I’m missing out on lots and lots of great stuff. And I’m probably disappointing a few people as well by never replying to their kind mails. I’m sorry; I really, really am! But not a whole lot I can do about it right now…I guess?

No comments: