September 29, 2005

I seriously think that I need to be examined by a doctor (actually I saw one yesterday - had a fitness test and apparently I'm doing just fine), because something weird seems to be happening inside my head. The other day I went to the library (again!) and borrowed Close To The Edge by Yes.

I guess you could say that I’m occasionally forcing myself to go through some kind of educational process, where I’m trying to explore unfamiliar musical territories. And since this album is considered a classic in progressive music, I thought it suited my aforementioned “project” very well.

However, what I did NOT expect was that I was actually going to like the album. The music is really quite opposite to the music I’m normally listening to, with its lengthy tracks and rather complex structure. Why I’m suddenly starting to like music I’ve previously hated full-heartedly I honestly can’t tell (guess this is why I need to see a doctor), but (I love this quote) “I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship”!

Chris I don’t want any of your “innocent whistling” comments – ok ;-)

About time to get back on track - Indie Rock on the menu!!!!

1 comment:

Bobby "the Blue" said...

I love that album. Siberian Khatru is awesome, and I've seen them perform it live a bunch of times.

Close to the Edge. A YES Classic!