December 6, 2005

2 new albums have been added to my CD-Collection:

Colder: Heat
The sticker on the CD cover quotes various reviews. Summed up they describe Heat as an atmospheric album with a cool mix of post-disco and electronic pop inspired by early New Order and sounding like a funkier Joy Division. The album was picked by Kasper Eistrup of Kashmir as the best foreign album of the year, which convinced me that I should try listening to it.
Too early to post my thoughts on the album, because it isn't very immediate, so I need a little more time listening to this stuff.

Sufjan Stevens: Illinois
I mentioned this album a while back when I listened to the copy I had borrowed from the library. I really haven't that much to add, except that it is rapidly turning into one of my favorite albums of the year!

No comments: