May 9, 2006

Camera Obscura and? Who knows what the day will bring!

Was I really the lone musicblogger in the Universe who hadn't heard of Camera Obscura? A quick search at Hype Machine definitely makes me look like I was (or still am) quite an ignorant! Oh well! Thanks to Peter (go there for more songs) I now am familiar with this incredible fine Scottish indie pop band.
+ If looks could kill
+ Lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken

Peter brings us two more very interesting and highly recommendable posts. The first one is about The Ukrainians covering The Smiths songs in the Ukrainian language. I'm not really convinced that I like these versions, but it's certainly not without charm!

The second post is about the great sounding Japanese (?) band Flat7. If you're into shoegaze/noisepop you definitely must listen to this band!

A couple of songs found thanks to "friend" requests received at Myspace:

+ Todd Stadtman - I Don't Know Why She's Here
A quite catchy pop song.

+ Inhaler - Clinical & Tranquilized This one is very good!
Electro pop rock band from Manchester. I've only listened to the songs once, but both of them are really nice and energetic ones.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are paying too much time on your THIRD EYE BLIND cd. throw that away and buy THE BIGGEST, BLUEST HI FI(1ST ALBUM) AND UNDERACHIEVERS...(2ND ALBUM).YOU'RE MISSING A LOT FROM CAMERA OBSCURA!

Unknown said...

Hmm - you're probably right!

Anonymous said...

You can sample more of their lastest album at http://homoeclectic.blogspot.com

Sultana said...

Such a great post, very helpful and interesting! Thanks and visit my blog for same intreasting post : http://carsubs10.com/