February 24, 2005

I'm an accountant (or controller), which means that I love numbers and figures. So I'm impatiently awaiting new updates at Audioscrobbler, so I can check the development in my "Top Artists" list.

However, at Last.FM you have the possibility to "view all artists you've submitted and associated play counts". So this morning I copied the data to Excel and started analyzing and comparing it to the "Top 50 Artists" information generated by Audioscrobbler 21 February.

Totally I've played 1209 songs by 134 artists, which is an average slightly above 9 songs per artist. 17 artists are only represented by 1 song, but 40 artists have had tracks played 10 times or more.

Ranking:
1) Doves (+5 positions ; +63 tracks played)
2) Interpol (+1 ; + 31)
3) Pink Floyd (-2 ; +14)
4) Kent (-2 ; +4)
5) Bloc Party (New Entry ; +40)
6) Neil Young (-1 ; +6)
7) Ian Broudie (-3 ; +0)
8) The Jesus and Mary Chain (-1 ; +4)
9) Semisonic (-1 ; +3)
10) The Beach Boys (+10 ; +14)

Beware - these artists are "aiming" at a top 10 ranking:
The Smiths, The Stills and The Arcade Fire.

I will try to update the top 10 when the "tracks played" reach 2000.

No comments: