August 19, 2005

Michael has posted a list of some (several) of his favorite songs. The list is not yet complete, but there is plenty to explore.

I'm busy searching for some of the songs and will post a short comment to the one I manage to find.

Breeders - Cannonball
Knew it already - Love it!!!

BT - Never Gonna Come Back Down
After a few seconds I was thinking "oh no", because this is not my type of music at all. But once it finishes you realize that you've just been making dance moves with your feet while listening. Great dance song!

Circle Jerks - When The Shit Hits The Fan
Sorry - no - don't like this at all. Think I should listen to that BT song one more time!

Dinosaur Jr - Just Like Heaven
Cover version of one of the best songs by The Cure. Alternative and noisy, but somehow quite enchanting!

Frente! - Bizarre Love Triangle
Another cover version. This is a cover of the New Order song. And what a version it is - utterly, utterly beautiful!

Ladytron - He Took Her For A Movie
Questionmark. Cannot decide if I like this one or not! I will have to return to this some other time...

Missing Persons - Walking In L.A.
Another questionmark. The "walking in L.A.Aaaaaay" part is quite annoying. The rest is pretty good!

Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun
A band I should have checked out a long time ago. This sounds very promising!

Primus - John The Fisherman
Never heard of them, but kinda like it. Will check out a few more songs by them.

Front 242 - Headhunter
Know them by name, but never listened to them. Much, much better than I expected (feared)!

Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds
And the same can be said about this song by Orb. A whole lot better than I thought it would be, though I doubt that I would "survive" an entire album of this stuff! Correction - I've listened to it a few more times and I really like this song!

Thus ends Episode 1 of "Checking out the favorite songs of Michael". Stayed tuned for Episode 2 :-)

No comments: