August 5, 2005

Quiet evening - kid and wife are asleep. A Fish Called Wife is the best the TV has to offer, so listening to some music seems to be a very obvious choice for some evening entertainment.

I've put my WMP on random, so let's see what will pop up (comments will follow on the first 10 songs)!

First song - Pet Shop Boys: Suburbia. It's hard to believe that this one is nearly 20 years old. Really makes me feel very, very old - but I (still) like it!

Second song to pop up is Girl Anachronism by The Dresden Dolls. I hoped that some other songs by this band would be as great as The Jeep Song, but so far I've been pretty disappointed. Maybe this Music Hall thing isn't my cup of tead after all?

I've stressed before that I'm no fan of Depeche Mode, but Never Let Me Down Again is brilliant song. Great third song of the evening!

Oasis - Champagne Supernova from the great Morning Glory album. Very difficult to complain about this one. Still great after all those years!

And no complaints about the fifth song either, because it's Du Är Ånga by my favorite band Kent! One of the best tracks from the recent album Du & Jag Döden.

When you download a lot of music it happens pretty often that you forget about some of the songs and never listen to them. One of those songs is Reward by Julian Cope/The Teardrop Explodes. Surprisingly good!

Already at the seventh song! It's Swallowed By The Cracks by David & David. A really great song from their 1986 album Boomtown. Check them out!

I must admit that I like Third Eye Blind and The Background is a rather dark and sad tune from the debut album. Doesn't exactly cheer you up - but I like it nonetheless!

Song nine is Time Of Our Lives by David Usher. Used to listen to this quite a lot a few years back, but it's been a while since the last time. Those guitars still sound pretty great - don't they?

And the final one:

Surrender by Swing Out Sister. Another song that makes me feel that my teenage years took place centuries ago. Loved it back then and I still do!

No comments: