August 3, 2005

Revolver

I have decided that I will listen to Revolver by The Beatles 3 times in a row - starting now.

No matter where you turn (read) this album always seems to be ranked as one of the 3 best of all time - and I would really, really like to understand why, because so far I haven't been impressed. So I guess I must be missing something!

I ended up listening to it 4 times this morning. The album does contain some really great songs (Eleanor Rigby and And Your Bird Can Sing), but also quite a few not so good (I refuse using the term bad) ones like Good Day Sunshine and Doctor Robert. At times I actually thought it was a bit boring, though it immediately became more interesting whenever a song written by George Harrison was performed.

A masterpiece? Well so far I'm not convinced.

No comments: