April 30, 2006

80's Soundtrack Volume 2

The 80's soundtrack I posted earlier this week was quite a success, so it was rather tempting making another one. Once again I have to admit that I actually used to listen to these songs! Didn't you?

+ Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning
Once spent an entire weekend listening to this song.
+ Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round
Have to admit that I still like it.
+ Laid Back - White Horse
One of the first Danish bands experiencing success abroad. Wonder why?
+ Alphaville - Forever Young
Unlike everyone else I always preferred the up-tempo 12" version.
+ Bananarama - Robert De Niro's Waiting
Everyone listened to them, though no one would admit they did.
+ Belle Stars - Iko Iko
Rain Man anyone?
+ Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax
If you grew up in the 80's some of your memories "must" include this song.
+ Talk Talk - It's My Life / Life's What You Make It
So many memories connected to It's My Life and what a fantastic song it still is. No Doubt nearly managed to ruin it though!
+ New Order - Ceremony / True Faith
One of the best bands ever!
+ Modern Talking - Brother Louie
So bad that it's almost unbelievable.
+ Human League - Don't You Want Me
Probably one of the most classic songs of that period.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Great list... apart from that Modern Talking rubbish! Brrrrr!!!!!

Dinah said...

Great music! Just what I was in the mood for today. Thanks.

JOE GILLIS said...

This whole '80s thing is inspiring me... to eventually copycat you. And I always preferred that version of Forever Young as well. You are not alone, sir.