September 21, 2007

Off to Switzerland...

Tomorrow the 3 girls and I will pack the bags and head off to Switzerland for a week's holiday. Our (few) plans for the 7 days include breathing some fresh mountain air, eating (a lot of) chocolate, drinking beers, doing a bit of yodeling and (if my wife allows me to) buying a pair of lederhosen! Oh well - yodeling and lederhosen are longshots, but a much anticipated rendezvous with Chris on Sunday has been planned for some time now, and needless to say I'm very much looking forward to seeing him again (it's been almost 4 years since our last encounter)! Hopefully you all know by now that Chris (who is Swiss) is the author of the lovely blog Music Of The Moment and the recently published Music From Denmark? Especially his great knowledge on Danish music and fine list of Danish artists in the latter blog has made it painfully clear, that I don't even know a handful of Swiss bands. Shame on me or is it because there aren't any (or that many) good bands from the country of beautiful mountains and lakes? Hopefully it's my fault entirely, because recently I found this really fine one by Swiss duo Division Kent in my mailbox. So hopefully a little search will reveal that there are several other interesting Swiss bands worth checking out. Will add that to my "to-do list" upon my return...
+ She's Going Places

4 comments:

Chris said...

I guess there really are fewer quality bands in Switzerland, or they're at least harder to find than the Danish ones. I know there's an indie scene here, too, but somehow information is much harder to gather. Well, maybe there will one day be a Music From Switzerland-blog... written by a Dane? :D

See you soon, and btw.: Lederhosen are NOT from Switzerland; the Bavarians in the South of Germany used to wear them. Don't know why everyone thinks the Swiss put on something this ridiculous! ;)

Oswegan said...

Watch out for the Dutch, I hear they go to Switzerland sometimes . . .

http://lakegrove.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

my favorite Swiss bands:
Brazen: http://www.myspace.com/brazenbrazen
Samael: http://www.myspace.com/samaelofficial

I suspect the latter might not be to your tastes, but the former is great.

José Antonio said...

My new favorite Switzerland band is LUNA TALES. :-)
http://www.myspace.com/lunatales

Great holidays Morten!