February 20, 2008

Knoxville - New Songs...

A little more than a year ago, I wrote this piece on Danish indie/alternative rock band Knoxville, predicting that we would hear a lot more from these guys in the future. And for once I was right, as the band sent me a message the other day informing me that a couple of new tracks were available for download. In the previous post I used this quote originally posted by the band to describe their music; “Somewhere between the frolicsome tunes of Franz Ferdinand, the cocky coolness of Interpol and the raw rock songs from the Foo Fighters you'll find the band Knoxville.”, and it still works pretty well as an accurate description of the new tracks. And unless my ears completely fool me there is even a small reference to Interpol to be heard in one of the tracks? Shame on me for not mentioning in the original post that these two new tracks certainly fulfills all my expectations (they were quite high)
+ The King is Dead (Sacramentum Poenitentia)
+ Alcatraz

2 comments:

Tinkerbell said...

Hye,

Jst thought I'd say thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooo muchj for supporting The Pastry Club.... it was an amazing success and EPO were astounding!

Next one...April. Watch this space

x

Anonymous said...

All about Knoxville