July 3, 2009

On the radio this morning...

Actually it was on the radio yesterday morning, but nothing of interest was aired today, so instead I'll post this one, which I really should have posted yesterday, which I did not, because I was too tired to even think of posting anything.

Even though The Head on the Door was the band's 6th studio album, I had never really cared much about The Cure, but In Between Days changed that in an instant. I still recall watching the video for the first time sitting on the couch in my parent's living room thinking how much this sounded like New Order (what did I know back then?) and in the most childish way (despite being well into my teenage years) staring totally fascinated at that green face. Needless to say I immediately rushed out and bought the 12" single; that really was what you did in those days!



Every morning when eating breakfast the radio is on, and from time to time it does happen that some really fine stuff is aired, thus helping to make the start of the day a good one. The “On the radio this morning” posts are my humble attempt to make your start a good one as well!

No comments: