February 15, 2008

A budget and a mixtape...

As most of you probably know by now, I started my new job two weeks ago. And actually there’s plenty of work that needs to be done, as my chair has be vacant for nearly a year. My first bigger task is getting the budget for 2008 finished, which really should have been completed months ago, as you normally would have it ready by the start of a new year. So I’ve been around for 10 working days (plus a few hours this morning) and now I’m trying to predict the outcome of the year. Don't know if any of you are financial wizzes, but you certainly don’t need to be to understand that my chances of creating an accurate or even slightly trustworthy budget are rather small. So please let me know if any of you have a crystal ball (or somthing similar) to spare!!!!

The South By Southwest 2008 webpage has been updated with an alphabetic list of the showcasing artists including bios, links and mp3’s by some of the artists. If I was going I'd most likely make it top priority to attend the shows of these artists:
+ Canada - Beige Stationwagon
+ Paddy Casey - Fear
+ Delorean - As Time Breaks Off
+ The Hourly Radio - Crime Does Pay
+ Jens Lekman - The Opposite Of Hallelujah
+ Minipop - Like I Do

3 comments:

Chris said...

don't forget the Mission District! ;)

Unknown said...

I know :-) As well as several other artists! But I'm not going, so this is rather hypothetical - isn't it ;)

Anonymous said...

If you like Jens Lekman, you might like Fanfarlo, who are a SXSW showcasing artist.

Listen to them here:

http://www.myspace.com/fanfarlo

Thanks,

Kate